maanantai 2. heinäkuuta 2012
Lilla company proudly presents Indikidual
Today was the day that I have been waiting for - Indikidual's first delivery arrived here! I had a chance to ask some questions from Syreeta Johnson, the head designer and owner of Indikidual.
1. How would you describe yourself with 3 words?
Hard working daydreamer!
2. How do you come up with new designs and ideas?
I get a lot of inspiration from the children at the craft workshops; I love their imaginative drawings and how there are no boundaries in what they want to create. My daughter Minnie is 2 but already great at drawing, she loves me to draw bananas for her, it was actually her idea to have a banana shaped balloon, a print I have used in my SS13 collection.
3. What do you think about Indikidual's success? Has it been a surprise for you?Yes it has been a complete surprise! I think when we decided on the name of the company everything fell into place and I really started to believe this could be really exiting. I’m so happy that other parents also love the idea that kids can look like kids but also express their style through cool, comfortable and eco friendly clothing.
4. What expectations do you have for us, Indikidual retailers?
Well, I hope your customers will love the range as much as I do! I try out the clothes on my friend’s children and they are all hooked. One of the models at the shoot refused to take off ‘t-unit’ the face print tee as she loved it so much!
5. What is your own favorite from AW12 collection?
It’s so difficult as all the pieces work really well together but my favorite outfit for my daughter is the ‘sporty’ harem pant with the ‘Mr. moo’ top and the ‘truffles’ waistcoat. She rocks this outfit, it totally suits her little personality, cute, cool and quirky!
6. What would you like to say to Finnish Indikidual fans?
Get creative, mix and match the pieces in the collection to create looks that suit your little ones individual personality! (And be sure to send me a picture of them!)
I would like to thank Syreeta for taking the time and answering these questions but most of all designing this great new brand!
Indikidual on saapunut! Tätä päivää olen odottanut kovasti ja niin taitaa olla moni Lilla companyn asiakkaistakin. Yllä on Indikidualin pääsuunnittelijan ja omistajan Syreeta Johnsonin haastattelu, tosin vain englanniksi.
Tein hieman kokovertailuja tänään ja alla tuloksia. Indikidualin t-paita koossa 3-4 vuotta verrattuna Mini Rodinin t-paitaan koossa 104/110 cm. Kokoeroa on lähinnä miehustan leveydessä ja pituudessa. Indikidualin paita oli hyvin samanmallinen ja -kokoinen kuin Shampoodlen t-paita koossa 100 cm (3-4 vuotta).
Näistä vertailuista voisi siis päätellä, että Indikidual on suhteellisen normaalia mitoitukseltaan, mutta mallit ovat hieman leveämpiä ja lyhyempiä. Pipoja on saatavilla vain yhdessä koossa ja tuon uskoisin sopivan n. 1-2-vuotiaalle. Omalle 3-vuotiaalle pipo oli pieni.